ok. here's the beginning of a new series... i am going to share with you how my BIRCHseed -- printed by hand products are made.
1. it begins with thinking of an idea for a new product. in this case its a tea pot print for toddler girls a range of products like: t-shirt print / toy softie / scarf & fabric for clothes making.
i source inspiration from online / mags & books / thrift stores (yes! where i found this awesome tea pot) / my garden / nature walks etc. everywhere really - my brain does not stop.
2. i then start sketching & getting my design in some sort of order
3. i select the design i am happy with the most
4. then draw it onto the lino (in reverse as all blockprinting is mirrored when pressed)
5. & then the carving begins...
& thats all i have done so far...
i am working on this project now so you will see part 2 shortly that will take you through the carving & printing processes in more detail.
:: until then you can follow daily posts with my 'thrift finds week' over at my facebook page -- oh & i would love to hear any projects (big or small) that you have in progress :)